Solar Financing Pakistan

Solar energy is gaining momentum in Pakistan as an eco-friendly and cost-effective alternative to traditional energy sources. While the benefits of solar power are clear, the initial investment in solar panels can be a deterrent for many. The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has pioneered Solar Financing in Pakistan, a groundbreaking initiative that opens the doors to affordable solar energy adoption. This initiative provides individuals and businesses with an opportunity to invest in renewable energy sources with the help of financing from banks. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the details of SBP’s Solar Financing Pakistan, the scope of the program, eligibility criteria, and the attractive markup rates offered. Premier Energy, a leading solar solutions provider, can further assist you in making this transition seamlessly.

SBP’s Solar Financing Pakistan

Under the umbrella of SBP’s Solar Financing Pakistan, individuals and businesses can secure financing ranging from PKR 500,000 to PKR 10 million. SBP introduced revised criteria for renewable energy financing in Pakistan back in 2016. This initiative specifically targets the industrial, commercial, residential, and agricultural sectors, encouraging them to invest in renewable energy sources like solar power. With Solar Financing in Pakistan, customers can easily purchase solar energy systems and repay the amount in manageable monthly installments.


The scope of SBP’s Solar Financing Pakistan is vast and transformative. By facilitating more people in adopting renewable energy sources, the program aims to achieve a consistent and uninterrupted supply of electricity. Any excess energy generated through this initiative can be shared with others through Net Metering, thereby positively impacting the entire nation.

Eligibility Criteria

To ensure accessibility and inclusivity, the eligibility criteria for SBP’s Solar Financing Pakistan have been intentionally simplified. It’s designed to encourage wider participation. As of now, the eligibility criteria consist of just two key requirements:

CNIC Ownership

Applicants must hold a valid Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC).


Applicants should own the property where the solar panel system is to be installed. This requirement ensures that those investing in solar systems directly benefit from the initiative.

Mark-Up Rate

The mark-up rate for SBP’s Solar Financing Pakistan is structured to make it economically feasible for a broader audience. The rate stands at 3% + 3%, totaling 6% per annum, as determined by SBP. However, it’s important to note that the initial 3% can be further negotiated based on your relationship with the bank, offering additional flexibility for borrowers.

SBP Refinance Rates

Rate of Refinance: 3.00%

Maximum Bank/DFI’s Spread: 3.00%

Maximum End User Rate: 6.00%

How Can Premier Energy Assist?

Premier Energy, with its vast experience and expertise in solar solutions, can play a pivotal role in making the solar financing journey smoother for you. Here’s how:


Our knowledgeable team can provide expert guidance throughout the loan application process, ensuring you meet all eligibility criteria and document requirements.

Tailored Solutions

Premier Energy offers a range of solar solutions customized to your energy needs and budget, aligning perfectly with the loan amount you seek.

Bank Liaison

We maintain strong relationships with reputable financial institutions participating in SBP’s Solar Financing Pakistan. We can act as a bridge between you and these institutions, streamlining the loan approval process.


Premier Energy believes in complete transparency. We provide clear information on financing options, interest rates, and repayment terms, empowering you to make informed decisions.

Comprehensive Support

Premier Energy offers end-to-end solutions, including installation and maintenance. The cost of the solar system and installation can be conveniently integrated into your loan application.


The State Bank of Pakistan’s Solar Financing Pakistan program, coupled with Premier Energy’s expertise, opens doors to a sustainable and affordable energy future. Contact Premier Energy today to explore how you can leverage this initiative and make the transition to solar power.